Hello!

This is probably very simple to solve, but I haven't been able to find out how.

I have a very simple healing ability that the caster can cast on any ally within 3 tiles, including themself. The skill works correctly, but when choosing a target, the cell under the user is not highlighted at all... so the player might think it can't be used on the caster. (But when I click on the caster, they cast the healing spell on themself correctly.)

The problem is even more apparent for a skill that can only be used on the caster themself, as no cell is highlighted at all.

I have searched a bit but couldn't find anything that could explain that.

Is there a way to have the cell under the user to behave like the other cells?

Thank you!
  • This depends on your setup in Battles > Battle Grid Highlights.

Generally, the Selected Target highlight is used to highlight available targets, but other highlights might overrule it (i.e. being displayed above it, hiding the highlight) - e.g. if you're using the Selecting Combatant highlight In Target Selection.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, the issue was with these options. I've been able to solve the problem by tweaking these parameters.

Thanks!