Hello again!

I have an issue with a buff that increases a character's movement range.

In Battle Grid Settings > Move Command, I have set up the Default Move Range to be equal to a character's status value simply called Movement Range.

So I have a character with a base movement range 4 and an ability called Dash that applies a Status Effect on the character, increasing their own movement range by 2 (by buffing the character's status value). Using Dash does not end the character's turn, so they can use that ability, move, then attack.

The problem is that when I use this ability, the character's movement range remains at 4. However, on their next turn (the Dash status effect is still applied on the character), the character's movement range is now correctly at 6.

So my understanding is that the the movement range is defined at the start of a character's turn, then cannot be altered during this character's turn.

Is there something I can do so the effect can immediately improve the character's movement range?

Thank you!
  • The move range is calculated at the start of the combatant's turn, so changes to it doesn't affect the current turn.

You can account for that in the schematic animating your dash ability. After the Calculate Action node (adding the effect), use a Change Grid Move Range node to change the combatant's move range accoringly.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you, it's exactly what I needed!