edited April 2022 in ORK Support
So I have been working with the camera movement in battle and I'm starting to get a handle on it, but I'm wondering: how would I go about creating a camera animation that plays random angle fades while nothing is happening?

To elaborate, I'm using Active Time Battle. When an action isn't calling a specific camera animation, I'd like to have the camera randomly cycle through a series of pre-defined camera movements.

To clarify, I am not using the "built-in camera system," as I'm using Opsive's Ultimate Character Controller and Camera, so I believe that would preclude me from using the "Battle Camera" proper. However, I've been able to rig up schematics for battle start and turn start that behave how I would like. I am not sure how I would accomplish this "default scenic camera," however.

Hopefully that was clearly articulated! I appreciate any insight! :)
Post edited by GinMartini on
  • Cinemachine is always the answer to your camera needs.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • ORK's built-in battle camera (Battles > Battle Camera) can somewhat do it, but isn't really randomized. It can e.g. rotate around the battle, focus on selected targets or combatants in action, etc.

You can e.g. use a schematic to randomly use different camera views (using Cinemachine, Makinom's camera positions or just changing the position of the camera like any other game object) via a machine on the camera (e.g. a Tick Machine).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!