I've been using this setup
http://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/schematics/simple-start-schematic/

to spawn the player in my main scene (scene_A) and it worked well so far. However, when I tried to load that same scene from a different scene using

UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.LoadScene(scene_A);

the player doesn't seem to spawn anymore. Does this require a different setup?

• A start schematic is only used once when you start a new game - either via the start menu or when directly play-testing in a scene via a game starter that is set up to start your game.
    When starting like this in different scenes, make sure you have a spawn point with the used spawn ID somewhere.

For changing between scenes while playing, you need to use Scene Changers that use a Spawn ID to spawn the combatant. The loaded scene needs a Spawn Point with the used spawn ID.
    E.g. the start of the dungeon tutorials of the 3D RPG Playground series handle this.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I looked at the dungeon tutorials but in my case I'm not trying to change between scenes while playing.

My game starts with scene with just UI elements (with no player or gameplay components) where you can choose between different maps. Each choice ideally should just load a new game.

Is there a way via script to start a new game just from the name and path of the scene?
  • You can start a new game from script like this:
    ORK.Game.NewGame(true);
    This'll not load the new game scene, but use the start schematic to set up your player.
    When passing on false instead, it'll load the new game scene first (unless none is defined in the start menu settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That did the trick, thank you Nicholas!