When I set more than 30 game music, the music resources are all in OGG format, and the resources published on Android will increase by 400MB. It will be very slow to enter the beginning screen of the game, and you need to wait for 2 minutes to enter the scene of the main menu. Is there any way to optimize it?
  • Like in ORK 2, by using asset bundles instead of direct references. See the Makinom documentation on this.

In short: Put your music in an uncompressed asset bundle and use the Asset Bundle source instead of Reference.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello, BuildAssetBundles downloaded according to the tutorial. This script cannot create AssetBundles. My use of unity2021.3 and Unity2019 doesn't work.
  • Hm, do you get any error in the Unity console?

Just tested it in Unity 2021.3 and I was able to build asset bundles without a problem.
    They're added to the Unity Assets menu, e.g.: Assets > Build AssetBundles Uncompressed
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited May 2022

Post edited by SK1 on
  • Sounds like you didn't set up any asset bundles.

You can add assets and complete folders to asset bundles by selecting them in the project view and assigning them to an asset bundle at the bottom of the inspector.
  • @rustedgames Thank you so much! I have learned to use AssetBundles after reading your tutorial link!