Hi,

I try to use the first person control,and there were some problems bothering me.

1. When I enable the lock cursor ,the cursor still can move,and it will flash.

2. When my cursor on the player it will display a tooltip(It was originally used only to show the menu introduction).Although it's really cool to show the tooltip to objects,It’s strange for displaying player's own tooltip,How do I make it not show?

3.The jump is really strange,I can keep pressing the jump button to jump before I fall to the ground,but why?

For rpg!
  • 1) I think this is just a Unity thing - which Unity version are you using?
    In my test (Unity 2021.3), when starting directly in a scene the cursor was still visible, but clicking in on the game view (somewhere) locked and hid the cursor. I'll investigate, but it might just be due to the game view not having focus yet.
    When starting from the main menu it worked as expected, though.

2) I'll look into a solution - though generally, this is because part of your player's collider is encapsulating the camera, so the raycast to check for tooltips below the cursor always hits the player.

3) If you mean you can keep jumping again and again while in the air - that's most likely due to your Find Ground settings, which manage how combatants detect (if at all) if they're on the ground or not.
    The default for all combatants is set up in Combatants > Combatants > General Settings in the Animations & Movement settings.
    Each combatant can override it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2022
    Thanks for reply!

1) My unity version is 2020.3.3f1c1 Personal.
    Oh!It's my fault,I check the scene and disabled the PlaymakerGUI,it worked,they clashed.
    And you are right ,when starting directly in a scene the cursor was still visible,but I don't think it's a big problem.

2)Maybe I can set the offset of camera,to put the camera in front of the player?

3)It worked ,thanks again!
    Post edited by StaticSpring on
    For rpg!
  • 2) Pretty much that, yeah - the first person camera should have settings for that (or just place it at a child object that's outside the collider).
    Alternatively, you can place the player on a layer that's not checked by the raycast (raycast is set up in UI > HUDs > General Settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!