Hi!

I've setup camera controls and it's working rather well. However, I haven't been able to prevent the player from panning the camera at certain moments while allowing the game to do so.

Basically, what I want:

- During player phase: player is able to pan the camera with keys and screen edge AND the camera auto follows the character moving. This currently works.

- During enemy phase: the player cannot pan the camera at all, but the camera still automatically follows the character moving around, and then moves to the next active enemy character.

Currently, during enemy phase, I'm either able to block all camera controls during enemy phase (meaning the player can't move the camera AND the game won't automatically follow the character moving around) or to allow both the player to move the camera and the game to follow the character moving around.

Is there a way to achieve what I want?

Thank you!
  • You can change the settings of the camera control component using a Change Fields node.

E.g. changing the panning distance during battle to 0 at the start of the enemy phase (using a phase start schematic, set up in the faction of the enemy):
    - class origin: Component
    - class name: TopDownBorderCamera
    - add a field
    - field name: settings.panningDistanceLimitBattle
    - field type: Float
    - value: 0
    - object: Camera

And change it back to your value at the end of the enemy phase.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh! That's awesome, thank you! I'd never have found it by myself!

Worked on the first try :) Thanks!