edited May 2022 in ORK Support
Hi!

I've got a little issue that seems simple enough but I haven't able to solve.

I've created a HUD tooltip that is used in the battle menu. It works for skills, grid move and end turn.

In the HUDs menu in Makinom, when I have no Tooltip Check, the tooltips work fine for everything in my battle menu. However, I also have tooltips for other stuff I don't want.

So, I added 3 Tooltip Checks for Abilities, Grid Move and End Turn. However, the tooltip now only works for abilities, and the tooltip won't appear when I hover my cursor over Move and End Turn.

So, why does my tooltips work for abilities but not for Move and End Turn when I add checks for them?

Thank you!

Post edited by max_power on
  • I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Turns out the grid commands in battle menus don't display any tooltips, will be fixed in the next update :)
    The tooltips generally work fine, e.g. adding them as shortcuts in a HUD will display them with defined tooltip checks.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome! Thanks for checking this out!

Right now, the skills are set up in a battle menu using shortcut keys, but I guess I could try tweaking out the shortcut HUD to figure out how to best achieve what I need.

Thanks!

• Well, depends on what you need - if it's a regular battle menu you want, i.e. navigationg options via input or clicking, stick to the battle menu. The shortcut HUD is just that, a HUD displaying your shortcuts (like any skillbar in games), though they can also be started via clicks :)

A small bugfix update will most likely be available later this week containing the fix for the tooltips.
  • Thanks for the update! That was really quick! It's really appreciated!

So far I've been sticking to battle menus. I've been able to achieve what I want except for diplaying the shortcut key. Is there a way to display them with a battle menu? All the shortcuts are from 1 through 9.

Since Index Text does not work with the battle menu, I thought to add, in the battle menu prefab, little images of numbers under the skills (similar to what Index Text would do) that would be managed with a Game Object Manager component based on the number of skills the character has. So if the character has 7 skills, images from 1 through 7 would show, but not 8 and 9.

... but I haven't found yet how to make that work lol.

Is there a way to make my idea work? Or is there something simpler to do to show the shortcut keys?

Thank you again for the update :)

• You'd simply have to add that key information to the button text of the battle menu item.
  • Hi! Thanks for replying, but unfortunately, even though it looks simple enough, I don't understand what I must do.

When you say ''the battle menu item'', do you mean the prefab that is used to display the skill icon as well as other information (such as mana cost, reuse turns, etc.)?

When you say the ''button text'', do you mean a certain object component? I tried to play with Ork HUD Status Text Content, but I haven't been able to achieve any results. I currently use that component to show the mana cost and the reuse turns over the skill icon. I know how to show the shortcut index, but it obviously doesn't work for battle menus.

I apologize asking for precision, it's probably very simple but I'm still a bit confused using object components.

Thank you!

• The details depend on your setup, e.g. if you use a Shortcut Slot battle menu item you have 2 options:

1) Not using the shortcut information, which lets you define the text of the button, where you can add the key information.

2) Using the shortcut information, either using a custom shortcut layout and define the key info there, or use a custom input prefab where you add the information to the button prefab.
  • Ok, thanks for the reply, I'll keep trying with that in mind.