• Combatant selections use the input keys from the UI box, i.e. the regular Cancel input key can be used to close it. UI boxes can also define their own custom input keys and overrule the default setup for all boxes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the answer!

I've tried the Cancel input key defined in "UI Boxes" but it doesn't seem to work.

As a result of some verification, the Cancel input key works for "Combatans Selections" called via "Inventory" of "MenuScreens".

However, for "Combatans Selections" displayed using the "Combatant Selection Dialogue node", the Cancel input key did not work.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a specification.
    I want to use the "Combatant Selection Dialogue node" and have a Cancel input key.
  • You need to enable Can Cancel in the Combatant Selection Dialogue to allow canceling here.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see! I had overlooked that option.
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Let me ask the question again about "Combatant Selections".

In the "Combatant Selections" node there is a group setting, is there a way to list only members who are non-battle groups and are still alive?

Currently my project shows members, both alive and dead, but I want to exclude dead members.
  • You can do this by first storing the combatants you want to use into selected data and use them via the Defined group, where you can use selected data as the combatant object.
  • Thanks for the answer!
    I tried to run it and it didn't work.

Can you take a look at my node?

http://primaryorbit.com/ORKalivemember.jpg
  • The settings are wrong for both nodes.

Select Combatant
    You want to show player group members that are not in the battle group but are only alive members?
    Use this setup:
    - use all combatants: Enable
    - combatant scope: Non Battle
    - combatant origin: Combatant
    - object: Player

In the filter:
    - is enemy: Ignore
    - combatant status condition game object: User

Combatant Selection Dialogue
    Use the Selected Data object instead of Player with the data key you used to store the combatants in.
  • Worked fine!
    Thanks for the guidance!

It seems I don't quite understand the meaning of "Object" in the makinom node.

I would like to be able to handle makinom nodes more freely.Is there any content that can be used as a reference for data keys?
  • Only the available tutorials and documentation.
    The data key of selected data works just like variable keys, just for storing any kind of content (e.g. combatants, abilities, etc.) into it.
  • OK,ty!
    I would like to learn as I proceed with development.