Hello !

I got a little problem, I make a character spawn as a prefab through schematics since it will just spawn ,moving and using idle animation.
My problem is whatever the scale I use on the prefab itself(4-4-4 in my case ) everytime it spawn ,a 1-1-1 scale is used.
What can be the problem?
PS: I didn't use a scaled fixed avatar
  • When spawning via Spawn Point components, make sure to not use their Use Scale options.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was not and thats why they spawn at 1-1-1 .I modified the scale of the spawn point and this time it was the orignal size multiplied by the scale I choosed on the spawnpoint ^^
    It's not ideal but it was the only way to spawn the prefab at a size other than 1-1-1.
    Besides, I didn't remember that the prefab that spawns via the diagrams was on a 1-1-1 scale.
  • Hm, I'll check it out - when not using the spawn point scale, the prefab should spawn with it's defined scale, as nothing else would change it when spawning the combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes so there is an issue , the scaling was effective at the value of the spawn point and this happen to all prefab not only combattant,for exemple an fx portal that I used was scale too.
  • Well, anything spawned via a spawn point will use the spawn point's scale setup (if enabled).
  • Did some tests and it's working as it should.

Spawning the combatant prefab uses the prefab's scale, unless you spawn it on a spawn point that uses the Use Scale settings, in which case it uses the scale of the spawn point on the enabled axes.
  • I had the scale activated on the spawn point so I removed it then I scaled the prefab which spawns but it still spawns at the ratio of 1-1-1 even if in the prefab it is at 4-4- 4 and scale disabled in spawn point. It's not too serious but it's just more restrictive to configure ^^
    After that it may be a problem of the model used for the prefab but I will test later.
  • It's definitely working correctly on my end - the combatant spawns with the scale it's prefab has, unless defined otherwise by the spawn point.

How do you spawn them, e.g. is this only happening when spawning them via the start game schematic or also when changing scenes?
  • edited May 2022
    In my case it happen when I use the trigger machine using a schematic to spawn the prefab at spawn point on the scene(already set before the schematics goes on).
    Post edited by omeegaa on
  • Oh, you're talking about Spawn Prefab nodes?
    I thought this was about combatant spawning, which happens differently.

I'll check it out :)