edited May 2022 in ORK Support
Hi, I have an ability with user changes that is configured to restore ability points (AP) when the target enemy has the "burn" status effect applied, however the restoration is not occurring. If I remove the requirement, the AP is restored as expected. I've done a bunch of testing but cannot figure out what is wrong. Below is a screenshot of my configuration. Any help appreciated thanks.

Post edited by megaphemeral on
  • For user changes, the ability's user is both user and target, since this is independeng from targets (i.e. can be used without targets, with single targets, multiple targets, etc.).

Instead, use the Switch User/Target setting in the target changes - this will allow you to do changes on the user instead of the target. Keep in mind that the switch is made for all of that target change's settings, i.e. if you want to check something on the actual target of the ability, you need to check it on the user in that case.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, I just focused on the user changes in my post but the ability also has target changes that does HP damage to the enemy, so I'm not sure the solution you're suggesting would work (or at least without being a bit convoluted). I think I'll have to consider a different approach. Thanks for your help.
  • edited May 2022
    You can add multiple target changes and the Switch User/Target is per added setting, i.e. you can have HP damage to the target and AP restore on the user at the same time.

An alternative would be to set it up via battle events, e.g. making a separate battle event that checks the targets for the burn effect and restores AP to the user in that case. The battle event can be added to any ability that should support the mechanic.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!