edited May 2022 in ORK Support
Hi, i'm trying to set up scene objects on a world map that can be interacted after being highlighted with the mouse.
I have set up interaction control set to Selected objects, added selectable object component to my map points, and i can see the interaction hud appearing after i click one of the objects.
Is there a way to trigger object selection on mouse over instead of click?
Battle target selection has a Cursor Over Selection mode but i can't find anything similar for Object Selection.
Post edited by Vlastan on
  • You can use a Set Selected Object and Remove Selected Object nodes to change selected objects.
    E.g. using Interaction Machines to change it on Mouse Enter and Mouse Leave.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2022
    Ok, I'm trying to set this up in a simple way with less machines involved.
    Now i just activate interaction at cursor position, but i want to display some information about the interactive object so the player have feedback about what is going to be interacting with.

What's the way to display a scene object name at object position with a HUD?
    I tried using Object type with cursor over but it doesn't display anything. Using Tooltip mode works but the hud is not placed at object position.

Also as a general suggestion, maybe add a cursor over option for the general object selection mode?

Update: I dug up an old thread of mine with a similar problem and reminded myself i had to add an Hud Object component to make it all work. Since this is really easy to forget, maybe add a remainder on the editor tooltip for the object hud type?
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • edited May 2022
    Vlastan said: Also as a general suggestion, maybe add a cursor over option for the general object selection mode?
    I'll look into that :)

Edit: Will be in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!