edited May 2022 in Makinom Support
I was trying to use an Animation Machine to respond to some Animation Events, but adding the Animation Machine kills my root motion movement. Is there a way to use the two together?

EDIT: I also ran into a similar issue trying to use Animation State Machines to respond to animation states, but it seems those also require an Animation Machine.
Post edited by SpaceDoubt on
  • I've noticed the same thing and am curious on the answer/solution.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • Animation machines implement the OnAnimatorMove function, which Unity interprets as root motion being handled by that function.

So, yeah, root motion with animation machines will only work if you handle movement via the animation machine's Animator Move start type.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2022
    In that case, could you recommend a good way to use ORK's Player Controls/Auto Animation with root motion whilst responding to Animation Events?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. made a schematic with a single Call Function node which calls "ApplyBuiltinRootMotion" on the animator. put that in the move animation machine. All seems to be working. Easy!
    Post edited by SpaceDoubt on
  • I didn't know that function exists - I'll add a new schematic node to make this easier :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!