Hi!

I'm trying to set up a battle menu UI with objects that will be shown depending on what character is currently active. For example:

In this image, I want object Image 5 to show up when the character ''Max'' is currently selecting an option in the battle menu. However, something is wrong in my setup and the Image 5 isn't showing up when Max is selected. I've tried to change a lot of options in the conditions, but nothing worked.

I have been able to activate correctly the game object Image 5 with a variable condition, so I'm almost certain that the only thing wrong is in the image I've posted.

Thank you!
  • For HUDs I'd recommend using the HUD Condition component, which can access the HUD's content via it's defined content provider. E.g. if the HUD's content is a combatant, you can do status condition checks on that combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2022
    Thanks for the reply! I did as you said and created a HUD that is shown over the battle menu UI. I've set up a variable to detect when the battle menu is up (through open/close schematics) and it's working fine. I've also been able to set up variables to activate deactivate game objects through HUD Condition as you suggested, and it's also working fine.

However, I'm still unable to detect what character is actually choosing a skill in the battle menu.

Here's my current setup (HUD Condition in the game object to the left, HUD setup in Makinom to the right):

Right now, what it does, is show the game object as long as character Max is in the battle group (it'll show the game object whoever the selected character is). If I change the Combatant in Status Condition 0 to someone not in the group, it won't show the game object to anyone.

In Condition 0 > Game Object, I've tried selecting all options besides User, and it didn't work. In the HUDs settings in Makinom, I've tried different HUD Type (Combatant, Information...) and played with several options, but in vain.

What am I doing wrong...? :s

Thanks!

(I've also tried to activate a variable in the open battle menu schematic based on who is choosing in the menu, but I can't seem to determine who is selecting a skill, and I end up with the same result: the variable activates as long as the character checked for is in the battle group.)
    Post edited by max_power on
  • Using the Latest Turn HUD type will use the combatant who's turn it currently is.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you :)

It works now :)