Is there a way to enable dragging and dropping abilities from the Abilities Menu Screen to the Abilities Shortcut HUD?
  • Yes, enable dragging in your Ability menu part. Also make sure your HUD Shortcut Slot Content component (on the prefab used to create the slots) has No Outer Assign disabled.

Did a quick test, but might be that this is currently bugged - I'll investigate.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alright, seems like Unity 2021.2 and 2021.3 either added a bug or just changed how pointer enter/exit behaviour in the Unity UI works without stating it anywhere.
    The cursor/pointer entering child objects of the HUD causes it to no longer registering as cursor over due to that.
    I'll add a fix for that in the next update.

There might also be additional issues, but should all work in the next udpate.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2022
    Thank you for looking into this Nicholas!
    Post edited by ChimpLogik on
  • I was trying to use the drag & drop from the Ability menu to the Shortcut HUD but it doesn't seem to be working yet :(
  • Did you update to the latest ORK version?
    Currently that'd be ORK 3.5.0.
  • I am indeed on ORK 3.5.0.
    What happens if I try to drag something the abilities menu is that the whole list of abilities, not just the selected one, follow-drag the mouse within the menu space.
    When I release the mouse the block just go back to the original position no matter the release point on the screen.
    Maybe it's something in the settings?
  • Is the Ability menu part set up to allow dragging?
  • I didn't have the click-dragging enabled, my bad :(((

It is working now but when dragging the ability from the menu, the icon does not follow the mouse and is only appearing in the Shortcut HUD at the end of the operation.
    Is there a way to display the ability icon during the dragging process so there is some visual feedback of the operation in progress?
  • This uses the Dragging Notification you set up in UI > UI Settings (and each UI box can optionally override it).

The used UI box defines if it follows the cursor or not in the used prefab's Position Settings. Enable At Cursor and Follow Cursor for this :)
  • Is there a way to drag only the selected button from a UI Box? At the moment it's dragging the whole UI Box...
  • Drag is displayed as defined by your dragging notification.