Hi!

I've set up a combatant tooltip that shows combatants' info when you mouse over the game object. One of the information shown are the icons of the status effects applied on the combatants.

Now, I have another HUD that shows the status effects tooltips. This HUD was designed to show the tooltip of those of status effects in other HUDs, but not in the combantant tooltip described above.

So what happens is the 2nd tooltip interacts with the 1st tooltip and it sometimes creates a bizarre situation: if I place the cursor over the combatant game object in a way that the combatant tooltip HUD appears over the combatant's game object, I can mouseover the status effect icon within that HUD... Then the first HUD closes and the status effect tooltip HUD opens... and it will not close. It stays over the cursor wherever I move it.

So my question is: is there a way to prevent the status effect tooltip HUD to open when the combatant tooltip HUD is up?

Thanks!
  • There can only be one tooltip at a time, so if your tooltip HUD also shows a tooltip if the cursor is over something, that'll change the tooltip ...

To fix this in your setup, create another status effect UI that doesn't have the HUD Tooltip component attached (i.e. it doesn't cause tooltips). E.g. just duplicate your current status effect UI prefab and remove the HUD Tooltip component from it.
    Set it up as an alternative effect UI with a UI key (click on Add Key Setup button) in UI > UI Settings and use that key in your tooltip HUD's status effect list.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oooooh I can't believe I didn't think of this before. I'm often using UI Key to use different graphics on different HUDs.

Thanks, I'll go set this up right now!