edited June 2022 in ORK Support
Hi. I have an issue that occurs most of the time I start a grid battle.
I am setting spawn positions by painting cell types on the battle grid.
The enemy group spawns at their correct positions but the player group hardly ever does.

The player group spawns on the correct side of the grid but at random positions and often has one combatant standing outside of the grid but still participating in battle.
In the player phase, the grid shows all player cells at the correct painted cell positions even though the objects are not at those positions.
If I move a player combatant then it 'pops' to it's marked cell on the grid and moves correctly from there.

The problem is, I just can not find a way to ensure the player group spawns at their correct positions when the battle starts.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Make sure there are enough deployment cells available for the player.

Can you give me details on your battle start schematic?
    That's what handles spawning/placing your player combatants. In case you first destroy the player group members and spawn them at their positions afterwards, add a short wait time (e.g. Wait node with 0 seconds to continue in the next frame) - otherwise Unity will still operate on the old game objects, as they're not destroyed immediately.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!