Hey @gamingislove - thanks again for all the support as I clunk my way through setting up my UI.

For the life of me, I cannot get tabs to work for inventory on my own. I try to mirror what you did with 3D RPG Playground demo, but I end up with everything smashed to one side as you know I’ve been using a grid layout group. I end up with the inventory displayed right, but the tabs smashed all together in the upper left corner. I’ve tried anchors and everything you can think of. Is the Type Box and Type Content Layout to handle the items, materials etc types? These would be the tabs. Is it best to just use custom prefabs and assign in the ORK editor for this? Thanks in advance - while I got you - is there a node to change the shader on a material through schematics? I have a wicked good dissolve shader to use on enemy death I’d like to deploy! Thanks!
  • I did the shader through script - still need some UI guidance though as man thats my struggle hahaa!
  • Sounds like an issue with your layout components and child objects.
    E.g. the UI box's content should be on a child object and have a layout component to manage what's displayed by the box (e.g. your inventory items in a grid layout).

The tab buttons should be placed on their own child object with it's own layout component.

Following the tutorials you should get UI boxes with such a setup by using the scene hierarchy context menu to create your stuff.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove - I think where my disconnect has been is a lack of foundational prefab and UI environment scene editing - that and using Unity 2021.3. I ended up getting them to display - going to update this thread later with how I did it, would love the feedback then for sure! Appreciate the support!
  • It's crucial to have the UI environmental scene for prefab editing set up. Otherwise, each time you edit a UI prefab it will most likely get displaced or has the wrong size when used in-game with your game's created canvas.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!