Hi,
I recently found a problem when I decided to upgrade Ork framework 3.2.0 to 3.3.1. The issue occurs with my "Death" event schematic, when my enemies combatant are dead don´t dissapear in the scene, I checked the schematic and everything is ok. I made the same schematic with 3.2.0 Ork version and it runs good. I don´t why upgrading to ORK 3.3.1 has upset the schematic.

I post an animated Gif with the issue and a screen with my schematic:
https://imgur.com/a/sUK3olH

• Hm, that's strange - the combatant's game object being destroyed or not is handled by the Keep Prefab setting of the combatant's Death Settings (default for all combatants in the general settings for combatants).

There hasn't been any change regarding this since 3.2.0 - do you get any error in the Unity console?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2022
    No I don´t get any error in the Unity console. I´ve checked my settings and are based in Action RPG tutorials. I tested the schematic and is ok, is similar than the Chompers dead schematic, with the spawn particles prefab. node

I post a screen with my Combatants general settings (Death animation):
    https://imgur.com/a/WiCMZ0h

I post a video with 2 Unity projects, one with ORK 3.2.0 and the other with ORK 3,3,1 to show the issues y found when I upgraded:

Post edited by berbelias on
  • Well, as said - the prefab being destroyed isn't handled by the death schematic, so that has no influence on it. The prefab is kept if Keep Prefab is enabled in the combatant's death settings (either the general combatant settings or the combatant's individual settings overriding it).

One other thing that can play a role here is the Unity Wrapper functionality, where you can e.g. hook up custom pooling solutions for creating and destroying prefab instances. These settings can be found in Game > Game Settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: Well, as said - the prefab being destroyed isn't handled by the death schematic, so that has no influence on it. The prefab is kept if Keep Prefab is enabled in the combatant's death settings (either the general combatant settings or the combatant's individual settings overriding it).
    Where I can find Keep prefab option? or I must add another setting in death node schematic?
  • For all combatants in Combatants > Combatants > General Settings in the Battle Settings > Default Death Settings.

Individual combatants can override the default death settings in their Battle Settings > Override Settings > Death Settings.
  • gamingislove said: One other thing that can play a role here is the Unity Wrapper functionality, where you can e.g. hook up custom pooling solutions for creating and destroying prefab instances. These settings can be found in Game > Game Settings.
    An in these case, there is a tutorial about how to create custom pooling solutions? Is then another way to destroy prefab instances?
  • gamingislove said: For all combatants in Combatants > Combatants > General Settings in the Battle Settings > Default Death Settings.

Individual combatants can override the default death settings in their Battle Settings > Override Settings > Death Settings.
    Yes I solved, I don´t know how in Ork 3.2 the prefab were destroyed and with the upgrade change some settings.
  • berbelias said: An in these case, there is a tutorial about how to create custom pooling solutions? Is then another way to destroy prefab instances?
    Not really a tutorial, but there is e.g. an extension for using Pool Boss available.
    berbelias said: Yes I solved, I don´t know how in Ork 3.2 the prefab were destroyed and with the upgrade change some settings.
    Hm, strange, there definitely wasn't any change made here, and always worked fine on my end.