Hi again!

Now this is probably a very trivial problem, but I can't seem to solve it :S

I'm making an isometric game, so I'm using the Top Down Border camera for all my scenes. However, I want to change the angle the camera looks at the scene depending on whether the player is in battle or outside a battle.

In Makinom, in Game Controls > Ork Control Settings > Camera Controls, I've set up Distance = 30 and Height = 25 to get the angle I want for scenes outside battles.

Now when I start a battle, I want these settings to be Distance = 30 and Height = 40. I've spent like 2 hours trying to figure out a way to change these settings through a schematic, but I can't seem to be able to change the angle at all. I've tried several nodes in Game Object > Camera including Change Camera Position (both with our without Target Position, but even if I change the rotation of the camera, it doesn't move at all.

I've even tried to modify the camera angle in a simple dialog event outside battles, but in vain.

I'm sorry to post a question about this, this is probably very simple to solve, but after having spent a good portion of my day on trying to move the camera, I really can't figure out how :S

Thank you!
  • You don't need to change this via schematic - the Top Down Border camera settings allow you to define different height/distance settings for field and battle. You can find them in the Zoom Settings of the camera's settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah excellent, it does exactly what I need. Thank you very much!