Currently, interactions in my project are not appearing/working, everything is set up correctly as far as I can see - checked all the pieces all the way to the HUD

The weird part is for other people, who have the same project files as me (from Git), interaction is working fine with no issues at all.

During my troubleshooting I switched an Item Collector to 'Trigger' to see if that would at least work, and that didn't work either - instead my player slowed down while walking through the collider like its speed was lowered (or something like that)

A very strange issue, but I have no idea where to go from here, any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
  • Yeah, that sounds very strange ...

My first guess would be that you're somehow in a game mode where they're not able to start. E.g. the game isn't actually running.
    You can check the game's state and other such information via the _Makinom game object (in the DontDestroyOnLoad part of the scene hierarchy), it's inspector has all that information for Makinom and ORK available.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Apologies for the late reply,
    The game does seem to be running as far as I can see.

A bit more information if this helps, none of the UI showed up at all from interactions - I did get an object turning to face the character via interacting with it.
    But the dialogue that is meant to accompany it did not pop up
  • Are you starting from the main menu or directly in the scene via a game starter with Start Game enabled?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!