edited July 2022 in ORK Support
Hello @gamingislove I was playing with the Garb, Schema mechanics, and it seems the EquipmentViewer always requires the equipment to exist already on the combatant's Inventory, therefore using the Change Equipment Node with the From Inventory unchecked results with nothing to be displayed. Is this by design? looks I will need to always add the equipment to the combatant's inventory before hand.
Post edited by RustedGames on
  • edited July 2022
    The Equipment Viewer component is used to display the equipment a combatant is currently wearing, not for showing stuff in the inventory.

It's added to a combatant's prefab and will automatically show what's equipped on the selected equipment slot (if that equipment has a viewer prefab set up).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was not talking about showing stuff in the inventory, perhaps I used the Inventory word by mistake, I'm talking about changing the Equipment whether from Change Equipment Node, or scripting. If the Equipment has not been previously added to the Combatant's available Equipment, it won't be displayed. So in runtime is this Available Equipment an equivalent to the Equipment in the Inventory?
  • edited July 2022
    Ah, so you try to equip something the combatant isn't allowed to equip?
    Well, yeah - that'll not show up, since the combatant can't equip it.

The available equipment of the combatant (either via template or a custom setup on the combatant) defines which equipment slots the combatant has and which equipment can be equipped.
    I'd recommend to set up the available equipment to allow everything except the defined equipment or item types. Use the Exclude Equipment and/or Exclude Item Types settings for this.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This is how I have it right now
    yes it makes sense if I want the new game starting with the available equipment, to force me add those here. Later on, the equipment is supposed to be granted via Item loots or shops, which of course can be retrieved from the save game.
  • I guess this is just a misunderstanding - the available equipment isn't really available to the combatant at the start. It just defines which equipment the combatant can equip in general.

Which equipment the combatant has equipped or in the inventory is defined by the combatant's start equipment and inventory settings.