edited July 2022 in ORK Support
Whenever I attempt to save my ork project after copying an equipment piece in my project (under the equipment tab) I'm met with a series of errors and cannot save my project :/

Couldn't create asset file!
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetList`1<GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.EquipmentAsset>:SaveChanges (bool,string,bool,string)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorDataHandler:SaveChanges (bool,string,bool,string)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:SaveData ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:ShowGUI ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow:OnGUI ()
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

An issue occured while saving : Creating asset at path failed.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.CreateAsset(UnityEngine.Object,string)
at GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetList`1[T].SaveChanges (System.Boolean encrypt, System.String dataPath, System.Boolean saveAssetDatabase, System.String saveTime) [0x001c8] in <2f7dea1c511c4001881eb7bed0c8f7e6>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetList`1<GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.EquipmentAsset>:SaveChanges (bool,string,bool,string)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorDataHandler:SaveChanges (bool,string,bool,string)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:SaveData ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:ShowGUI ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow:OnGUI ()
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

It only seems to be an issue with equipment. I can circumvent it by create new scriptable object equipment, but just can't copy them.

I tried making a new equipment piece. Then copying that new piece. And that still throws the errors.

Oh some details:

1. I'm using unity 2020.3.7f1 LTS
2. I tried deleting my library folder
3. The issue only occurs when creating new equipment from Makinom. However, if I go into the Gaming Is Love > _Data > Equipment folder, I can copy and rename a scriptable object, then have it appear in Makinom, save the project, and then it works just fine.
Post edited by twill14 on
  • Hm, that's very strange - which ORK/Makinom versions are you using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2022
    Hey GiL, hope you had a nice break!

I'm using:

Makinom - 2.5.0 for Unity 2019/2020/2021/2022

ORK - 3.4.0 for Unity 2019/2020/2021
    Post edited by twill14 on