edited July 2022 in ORK Support
Hello,

I have a little problem with my cameras in combat, especially with random battles.

Depending on where the arena is for the random fight, my camera is never quite in the same place, sometimes closer to the players sometimes further away and it seems to depend on the area where the fight is.

Any idea where the problem could come from?
Post edited by omeegaa on
  • Can you tell me more about your overall camera setup (in battle)?

E.g. are you blocking or allowing camera controls, are you using the battle camera (Battles > Battle Camera), are you doing camera changes in your battle start schematic, etc.?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • In my current situation, I do not use the battle camera, the controls of the camera in combat are blocked, however I change the position via the battlestart schematics before blocking the control of the camera for the player.

So I had tried to use the same view (same camera view in game>camera position ) and that's when I realized that depending on where I am the camera is not positioned in the place of other places. I don't have much else to add, I stayed quite simple on the camera part, soon I plan to make camera movements in combat via the skill schematics.
    In my camera position in the position section I checked "set position", "local space" and "ignore scale"

In the rotation part only "set position is checked". All of my cameras are configured like this except the main camera (the one that is out of combat) which is managed via game controls> camera controls. This camera allows left / right rotation over 360 degrees.

The min/max distances in distances settings are the same, ex min distance = 15/max distance = 15 for my camera in combat and min distance 3 / max distance 3 for my camera in the field.
  • If the camera control isn't blocked during your battle start schematic, any camera change will potentially be overruled or at least impacted by the active camera control, so make sure to block the camera control in that schematic (e.g. via the Block Camera Control setting in the schematic's Settings node).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok I found what is the source of my problem. In fact depending on the postion and/or the rotation of the gameobject where the battle component is located, the initial position of the camera is modified and "camera positions" does not uses only offsets for the adjustment so that if the component is in height let's admit for a dungeon on several levels well the camera will be higher base before applying the camera position which distorts the desired view and which until has now made me do lots of camera positions to compensate.
    Is it something wanted or am I doing it wrong?
  • Camera positions place the camera based on the game object they target, i.e. if you set the position, that is added to the target's position. When enabling Local Position it additionally is using the target's orientation, i.e. always looking from the same side at the target, however the target is rotated itself.
  • Is there a setting that would allow the starting point of the camera to be the same in combat by referring to the arena for example?

So I could use the same view for all.
  • Add an actor to the schematic and select actor type Battle Arena - this'll have the battle object available, use that as the target for the camera position.
  • Thats already what I have done ,
    In the change camera position node all options are uncheck,camera position is set to my view and the actor is the battle arena.

Is that the correct settings?
  • Yes, that'll set the camera to the position based on the used camera position.
    But if your camera control isn't blocked, the camera control will immediately have an impact on it.
  • The starting setting is that the control camera is blocked (in the initial node ,control player blocked and camera blocked are checked) then in some abilities the camera move and reset (exactly like in the tutorial).

I think I will recheck maybe I miss something obvious ^^