Hi!

I have a little question about the Calculate Action node: when the Animate Target option is enabled, the character taking damage will automatically play its damage animation.

The tooltip of that option says: The animation that will be played is defined in the combatant's animation settings.

However, I have searched and searched in the combatant's animation settings, and I can't find how the game knows what animation to play. It's not in Combatants > Combatants > General Settings > Default Battle Animations, and in Animations and Movement, there's only one animation set up and it's to link to the general Mecanim setup in Base/Control>Animations.

Could you tell me how Makinom knows what animation to play? I'm having an issue where the mecanim action in the Death Schematic is being overridden by the damage animation, so I might find my answer there.

Thanks!
  • max_power said: ...in Animations and Movement, there's only one animation set up and it's to link to the general Mecanim setup in Base/Control>Animations.
    The node is probably referencing what you have set in Base/Control > Damage Types.
  • Ah yes! Thank you, I've searched for it for quite a while earlier. Thanks!
  • edited July 2022
    No problem, Max. High-five!
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • I'll improve the help text for this - the damage type of the ability/item defines which animation types are used, the combatant's animation setup defines which animation is linked to the played animation type.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!