IdiIdi
edited July 2022 in ORK Support
Hello,

I'm still learning Ork 3 and I feel quite lost. I have done the 2D Grid Battle RPG tutorial and recently finished the 3D RPG Playground tutorial.

Since the latter, I am making changes testing, and learning new mechanics.

I was reviewing the forum but I didn't find anything that solved my doubt about how to vary the player's movement speed depending on the type of terrain he is walking on (road, forest, swamp...).

In Combatants > Combatants > General Settings>Default Movement Speed - I limited the Minimum Speed to 1 and the Maximum Speed to 5 as I wanted a slower movement of the player around the map.

2. Then added a Trigger Machine Component in the first Area: Forest GameObject (as soon as the player leaves the Town in the tutorial > World Scene). My idea is that in the forest area the player can move at half his/her speed or even just walk.

Start: Trigger Enter
Machine Execution: Schematic asset where I added a schematic with a node Move where:
- the speed value is 0.5.
- Object = Machine Object or Player

This is not working.

Could someone help me understand what is wrong or what am I missing?
Thank you in advance.

Post edited by Idi on
  • I haven't messed with it, but I think you'd want to do this as a status effect. I think this thread will be of interest to you.
  • Thank you @Scyra . I applied the @Nickamus 's idea on that thread for animations on Combatants > Combatants > General Settings>Default Movement Speed limiting the Walk and Run accord to the formula (Movement Speed Stat Value / 10). And then I active using the trigger Machine the Slow Movement Stat Effects where Movement Speed / 2.

• Good job. Glad it worked!