Hi. I have a small problem but it's annoying... I have Scene Object "Bench" and Bench prefab on my scene. There is "Event Interaction" on this Bench and also "Scene Object" components. For no reason, after I'm interacting with Bench, scene object name (that is showing on "HUD" game object inside this Bench prefab) is changing to my player Combatant name. I was trying to find out why is this happening, but there is nothing I Can do to fix this. Please, does anyone know what happened? Thanks for help!
  • That's pretty strange.
    What does the event do? E.g. is it parenting the player to the bench?
    That's the only way I can imagine finding the player's content information on the bench ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, that's it. I was mounting Player to "SIT_POINT" inside Bench prefab. Thanks, now I'm unmouning player after he stand up and everything works fine :) I just didn't realize that mounting player to game object inside prefab with event will do something like that.
  • The content information is searched on the game object, so if the player is mounted to it, it can also find the player's information (though it should usually find the information on lower objects first).

Anyway, keeping the player mounted to the bench after standing up will potentially impact a lot of other things, so unmounting should be done in any case :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @MarcioHan
    You can potentially use ParentConstraint component to emulate parenting without actual parenting)
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-ParentConstraint.html