I am trying to use ork 3 in a vr game .Has anyone found a way to make a different ui for this
  • There is a VR framework on the asset store that comes with a lot of very useful features (including VR UI) that will help you make a VR game, and using the event system it comes with you can tie it to Ork.
    Shadowcaste
  • You can use canvas prefabs in UI > UI Layers to create special canvas setups for an UI layer. The event system used by ORK/Makinom can also optionally use a prefab (or not create one at all), that's set up in UI > UI System.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you ,that got me started in the right direction.I now have a menue displaying in world view,but there is a default canvas that is also trying to render but it is not in world view.
    I cant seem to find where the seting is so i can change it.
    My canvas is on layer 1 and both renders and is interactable
  • edited July 21
    A default UI layer (canvas) is created automatically as a fallback (e.g. if a UI box or HUD didn't define which layer they go on). I don't think there's currently a prefab setup for that - I'll look into it.

Edit: Next update will remove the _default canvas (which has no setup) and use the first UI layer as the default layer.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you ,so far every thing else seems to be working
  • ORK 3.5 is already available, including the change I talked about.
  • Things Are going Fine Until wanted to do damage since this is VR I wont be using attack actions or selection of enemy I will use the weapon that I pick up in the game to attack with.
    I cant seem to figure out how to keep a damage dealer on so that when I hit the enemy damage takes place
    How would I go about doing this

Thanks
  • Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
  • I found that trigger machines work nicely to deal damage,
    But I am now having trouble spawning a fireball on child object the path to child object
    should be (Robot/Weapon/BulletSpawn) apparently I am entering it wrong but I cant see how,
    I would really appreciate some advice.
    Thanks
  • If Robot is the name of your game object's root, you need to omit that, so Weapon/BulletSpawn would be the correct path.
  • Thank You