edited August 2014 in ORK Scripting
I have searched the API documentation and have not found a "SetName" or a "SetCombatantName" method. So if I want to change the name of a combatant I have to create a new game variable?

But then again there is a "SetCombatantName"-Step in the event system.
  • You'll need to have the Combatant of the one you want to change the name (e.g. how to get it from a game object is explained here).
    After that, you can simply call:

combatant.SetName(string newName);
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2014
    Then there is a bug in the search function of the http://api.orkframework.com/index.html website. Searching for "SetName" gives a "No Matches" result even though the "SetName" method is actually listed under "Combatant".
    Post edited by Kashrlyyk on
  • Because the search only searches for classes, not methods.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!