edited July 2022 in ORK Support
I am dropping some items into the scene, via a 'drop items' schematic node, which are later collected via a 'start item collector' node.

When the items are dropped, another object is created, '_ItemDrop:ItemName' with an item collector on it. The problem is that when I collect the items, they are destroyed as expected, but this extra object is not.

This extra object confuses me, unless there's something I'm missing. I prefer to just put the item collector on the dropped item's prefab so I can control the settings for it.
Post edited by SpaceDoubt on
  • This is controlled by the Item Prefab setting in Inventory > Inventory Settings in the Drop Item Settings > Item Collector Settings. Set it to Use to directly spawn the item's prefab and add the item collector to it.

Otherwise it'll work like item collectors you add to your scene, that spawn the item's prefab.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2022
    There it is!
    I could've sworn I had it working right before, but then I thought maybe I was just crazy, ha! Must've changed that at some point. Thanks so much!
    Post edited by SpaceDoubt on
  • It's a new setting that came in ORK 3.5, previously it always created the separate game objects :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!