Is there a way when starting a battle to leave the combatants where they are?

Do I have to use battle spots?
If so, should I dynamically create a battle spot where the combatants are located?

What is the best way to handle this?

Unity: 2021.3.7f1
ORK: 3.5.0

Thank you,
MMalone
  • Forgot to mention I'm using the 3D playground tutorial as a start.
    I'm using the wandering combatant created by the game object "Combatant Spawner Range" as a test.

Thanks,
    MMalone
  • I may have figured it out. On the battle component, setting "Battle Spots\Combatant Position Spots" to true seems to do what I want (I'm still experimenting but it's getting late so I won't be working on it until tomorrow).

Is this what I want? Anything else?

Thanks,
    MMalone
  • You don't have to use battle spots at all.

The battle spots are only really used if you actively move or place a combatant there in your schematics. One exception is for spawning combatants that aren't yet in the scene, they'll be placed at their battle spots.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I also had to tweak the battle start schematic (I'm using the tutorial as a starting point) and now it looks like it's working.

Thank you,
    MMalone