• * "Check Action Bar" ( > 0 ) is always true. actions per turn never gets to 0. default ability cost is 1. "Calculate Action" node doesn't help. the description for the node says it won't work unless schematic was called from a battle action. the schematic was called from a tagged machine. Using "Change Action Bar" by subtracting 1fails the "Check Action Bar" as expected but the player doesn't do anything.

* "Check Status" for turn state of "in turn" always fails. tried "Object" value of "Player", "Machine Object", "Starting Object". "Is Valid" is checked.

* with "Actions Per Turn" > 1, only the last move ability is used.

NOTE: I've made a lot of changes since this thread was started. I'm using the shortcut UI instead of the battle menu for the player (the allies still use it) since that's what I'll be using. let me know if you want the project.

ORK: 3.5.0
    Unity: 2021.3.8f1
    turn based (classic, dynamic)

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • Where/when are those nodes used?
    E.g. when used in the tagged machine that's started by the turn start schematic, naturally the combatant isn't In Turn yet.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think I see the problem. "Combatants\Combatant\Warrior\Turn Start Schematics" are for groups, not individuals. Is there a similar property for individual combatants?

ORK: 3.5.0

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • Turn start/end schematics are used by the individual combatants when they start a new turn (or end their turn). They use the combatant as machine/starting object.

Though, if you use Auto Start Turn in your turn based battle system settings, all combatants start their turn at the same time (when a new battle turn begins), so all the schematics are executed at the same time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm still having the problem of only the last ability used is run at end of round.

When it's the player's turn the battle menu is hidden (and stays hidden until the next combatants turn). just for testing the battle menu is still used by others in the player group.
    Eventually, I won't be using the battle menu at all and instead will just have the shortcut UI.

The following is in the schematic started by the tagged machine:
    https://bl6pap004files.storage.live.com/y4mjBw0UlLr9EexVcHimxcWx051DpVitti2GmPPXdKF5TsbCPvAk2RsZoxPwPTU9zLvYaf2aXCqWhaJjy65bakr9S2zxhHxfn9CqH2Q2UmJ_QaCoeikPwIEPMsR-CkVD4-bPeK2yfKrgqpJ9D0Wux_661aUPtzMLSvxV7An28y4njdlAwxbVJLPhKMuC0tqp8GO?width=1890&height=311&cropmode=none

I'm using the "Check Action Bar" ("Check Type" = "Is Greater", "Check Value" = "0") node to stop the schematic from "looping". the value never gets to 0.

if I use the "Change Action Bar" node to subtract 1 then the "Check Action Bar" node triggers and the schematic ends (restores cursor and stops tagged machine). turn order continues as expected but at the end of the round none of the used move abilities are run.
    I tried adding an "End Turn" node but that didn't make a difference.

some of the move ability options include:
    * "Use Cost\Auto Consume" is "Always".
    * "Override Action Cost\Own Turn Action Cost" is true. "Turn Action Cost\Action Cost" is 1.

other related settings:
    * "Battles\Turn Based\Action Settings\Actions Per Turn\Default Action Cost" is 1.

Also, while placing waypoints hitting escape ends the turn (exits the schematic). as mentioned above, only the last move ability is run (but at least something happens).

ORK: 3.6.0

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • This is most likely due to what I mentioned earlier (after looking into your project). Your turn start schematic doesn't wait for the Start Tagged Machine to finish, i.e. you need to enable the Wait option in the node.