Hi, I currently have an issue where the ORK combatant HUD is in a different position in a build of the game compared to where it is while playing the game in the editor. I am unsure exactly what is causing this issue. If anyone has any possible ideas of what is causing this or possible solutions that would be appreciated. Also, is it possible to detach a combatant HUD element from the combatant (i.e. does not move with the combatant, and is independent)? Thanks.
  • edited August 2022
    Are you using a canvas prefab in your UI layers to create a canvas? Also, make sure to use an UI environmental scene for editing UI prefabs, otherwise the positioning can become wrong.

Generally, this could be due to resolution/aspect ratio differences between editor and built game. This is handled by the canvas - ORK's default canvas (when not using a prefab) uses Unity's Canvas Scaler to scale with the screen size, which should work fine for most cases.

You can't detach an element of the HUD like this, but you can simply set up an additional HUD that's not displayed at the combatant's position, i.e. just a Combatant type HUD instead of the Combatant Object type HUD :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So are you saying that the ORK default canvas should have a canvas scaler? Mine does not. Is there a way to add it to the ORK canvas? I am using ORK version 2.30.2.
  • Ah, sorry, what I said is for ORK 3, not ORK 2.

Are you using the New UI GUI system or the legacy GUI?
    ORK 2 handles the scaling and placement based on your screen settings in Game > Game Settings. Mainly the Default Screen Size and GUI Scale Mode (e.g. using Scale To Fit).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!