Hello,

Is it possible to keep track of the amount of turns passed in a turn based battle? I am using Turn Based battles with Active Turn Based mode for this setup. I've got a HUD setup to display the current turn counter and have it increase the variable via schematic but I'm not sure where I can place the schematic to have it function properly.

The turn start events all fire off per combatant so I was wondering if there would be an option to place a schematic that triggers when it is calculating the next turn order for the available combatants.

Or if you have an alternative solution please let me know. Thank you.
  • There's actually a text code to add the current battle turn to a text: < battle.turn> (without the space after '<').
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah well that's much easier then, thank you!
  • edited August 2022
    I just implemented this and it seems to only increase the interval and update when it is the start of the players turn and an action starts, but doesn't increase if an enemy is attacking first in the turn order.

Would there be a different text code to showcase the overall turns of the whole battle or another way to have it update on enemy turns as well as before an action begins? And is this overall battle turn also able to be selected/stored somehow to be used via nodes?

Thank you

Edit: Got this sorted out by recalling the HUD on turn start event. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

One side node, it would be helpful to have the option on HUD's to allow a HUD component to display depending upon faction. I have multiple uses for this including Target Selection in battle, as well as displaying different Enemy and Player HUD Backgrounds in the turn order to make it more visually clear. Thanks for your time.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • Next update will add new HUD conditions (for the HUD Condition component) to check something like that.
    So, your HUD would just have multiple setups added, each being enabled/disabled based via HUD Condition components at their root game object :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Absolutely amazing, can't wait for it.

Thanks for everything.