• edited September 2022
    Right, that is probably the thing, but I'm on Unity 2020.3.37 LTS :)

Also, using tooltip check only for 'Status value' doesn't actually work on Status values displayed in a HUD attached to UI box as additional content.

Only 'no tooltip check' works, but it's for everything.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Might be that this issue was also added in later 2020.3 updates, at least it wasn't present in 2020.3.0/1 :)

What do you mean by tooltip check, can you give me details on the setup here?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2022
    Ok, lol, regarding the OnPointerEnter, turned out, my tooltip was being displayed mili-mili meter through the cursor hover while also on the object with the script, so it collided together...putting the UI box a bit lower beneath the cursor solved the issues.

In Tooltip HUD -> Tooltip Settings -> Add Tooltip Check - if a tooltip check is added, only tooltips that match one of the checks will be displayed.

Well I have Status Value there, but it doesn't bring it up for Status values from a HUD inside a UI Box.

Add no tooltip check to display all tooltips. This works but it displays in all occasions. I just want it to be for specific types.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Might be that the HUD Tooltip component is added to the wrong game object or uses the wrong content provider.
    Can you tell me where it's added?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • HUD Tooltip component is located in the Status Value object which is child of the HUD gameobject.
    HUD Tooltip content provider is that HUD Status Value (Content Provider) component, wouldn't make sense otherwise.

If the setup would be wrong, I wouldn't get tooltip at all. As I said, it displays it when there are no tooltip checks.
    Problem happens WHEN you add only Status Value type check.
  • Yeah, tested this in the meantime, the Status Value tooltip check is currently bugged - will be fixed in the next update :)