edited August 2022 in ORK Support
Hello,

I made an item type Swords, then a sub-typ 1hand swords, then a sub-type of 1h called T1 1hand swords through T10.

Available equipment template has Swords (parent) added (exclude unchecked). Combatant is set to use this template.
Combatant won't allow me to select T1 type equipment as starting equipment
If I change the type of the T1 sword equipment to Swords it works.
Or if I add T1 type to available equip template it works.

Is it intended behavior that sub-types are not taken into account for available equip templates?

If I have to make all swords one type, then the organization is lost. Now I have a list of every sword in one list, it sort of ruins types, or I have to add a TON to available templates.

I suppose I could make them all 1hand type and Name them T1 to sort by name but then have to override the name being displayed so that it doesn't say T1 Dull Sword in game text. Or some other way to organize?

It gets a bit worse with armor slots.
Say I want to have light/medium/heavy and have helm, shoulders, chest arms, legs, feet

I want to put a sub-type of each slot under light/med/heavy but now have to add to available equipment every subtype instead of just adding Light Armor and medium armor parent for example.

Then if I want to be able to easily tell at a glance or sorting wise that That helmet is a Tier1 without having every name memorized...

What am I missing here?

Thanks!
Post edited by GeneralK on
  • Currently you'll have to just add all the item types that should be equipable (or excluded) and all sub-types that should be used as well.

I'll add an option to also allow all sub-types of a defined item type in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome thanks GiL you rock!