edited August 2022 in ORK Support
Hello,

What would be the best way to achieve an ability or item that changes the turn order of a combatant depending upon the ability/item used and still have it show up in the Turn Order Preview HUD?

I was trying to mess around with a formula that would raise and lower a status value on a combatant after their turn is over depending on the action used and then use that value in the turn order calculation but it wasn't working properly for me in the Turn Order Preview HUD.

I do have Allow Preview enabled on the Turn Order HUD and also have setup Status Previews to be enabled for Action Selection and Target Selection.

Thank you for the help.
Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • Hm, did the turn order didn't preview it at all, or was the preview used but not correct?

Can you give me details on your setup, e.g. turn order calculations, how's the status value changed, etc.?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2022
    The turn order didn't preview the change in future turn order's.

For Turn Order Calculations I have it setup to do two checks. One for a status value called "Turn Initiative" and the second check for "Speed". This is because the turn initiative value will be the same for each combatant at the start so it will do the secondary speed check at least initially to determine the first turn order. Am I right in how this works? It won't check the Speed stat at all if it settles the turn order from the first check correct?

My setup then has the ability used change the status value of the combatant who used the skill via schematic animation, and the amount is different depending on the ability used. Stronger abilities will lower the turn initiative while weaker ones can raise the turn initiative etc.

Not sure if there is a better way to do this or not but please let me know if there is.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • The secondary check is used in case 2 combatants have the same turn value (calculated from the Turn Calculation).

However, using Multi Turns (as you probably) know works differently. While it's most likely the same in the 'first turn', when a combatant finished it's turn, it's turn value is reset to 0 and all combatants get their Turn Calculation result added to their current turn value and the next combatant with the highest value is used.
    The turn order prediction (with and without previews taken into account) just continues this for a couple of turns into the future, i.e. reset the one with the highest value and add the calculation to all, again and again until enough combatants filled the list :)

Is the status change part of the ability's target changes? Previews can only take things that are defined in the ability into account, not what happens in schematics animating the ability.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!