Pretty much as the title says. I've disabled Use only Once in Battles>Battle Grid Settings>Move Command, and am using the Turn Based battle system in Classic mode. But Once a character has moved once, move gets greyed out. If I switch to phase mode, it works; but that's not the mode I need. Is there something else that needs to be changed?
  • That's handled by the Move Command settings in Battles > Battle Grid Settings. Make sure Only Use Once isn't enabled (or at least not enabled for the Player).
    Also, the actions per turn play into this, e.g. if you only have 1 APT available and the move command also costs 1 action, you can only use it once per turn. That's handled by your turn based system's settings.

However, in Classic mode, multiple move commands will most likely not work. Since the command will be executed after all combatants selected their actions, you're not moving to a new cell before that and the additional move commands still start from the current cell.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That is how I have it set up; good to hear I didn't mess that up. So it looks like you're correct about Classic mode, shoot. Is there any documentation for setting up an action that moves the character, then? That might be a workaround.

Thanks for your response!
  • Not directly a documentation, but you can use an ability for this.

In the ability's Target Selection Settings, set the Target Range to None and enable Select Target Cell.

You can now select a cell as target - it's available in the schematics animating the action as Starting Object (i.e. like any other target).
    In your schematic, you can create a path to the cell, e.g. via the Select Grid Cells node storing a Path into selected data. Using a Set Grid Path node, you can set the selected cells as path of the action and use the regular grid move schematic to move along the path.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That works perfect, thanks! Last question, then: is there a way to remove the move command from the battle menu?
  • The individual added battle menu options can use conditions to define if the button is added to the menu or useable.
  • Aha, there it is. Thanks for the help!