Hello!

Quick question today! In a skill's schematic, is there a way to store in a variable the damage that dealt?

In the change variable node, I've found that you can set the variable equal to a''Formula'' but since there can be a certain degree of variance everytime the formula is calculated (miss, crit, etc.), I was wondering if there was a more certain way to get the exact number of damage that was dealt.

Thank you!
  • You could store the damage into an object variable on each combatant via status value Change Schematics. This tutorial on combining flying texts for status changes uses the same concept to do something similar.

E.g. your health status value stores the latest damage into a variable and can be accessed in the action's schematic via the target combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok thanks! I'll give a try this week when I have time.

I understand the basic concept, I did that tutorial to merge the XP rewards into one flying text.

Thanks!