I want to apply a status effect to the Combat grid Cell, how do I make the status effect apply to the player only once, or how many turns after the player has applied the status effect the first time? Any good suggestions?
  • Generally via grid cell events, either permanent (added to the cell type or cell in the scene) or temporary cell events via schematics. Cell events need to be actively used, e.g. in the grid move schematic (as shown in the tutorial).

Grid cell events can directly add status effects to a combatant on them and also optionally check for conditions if they should be used.
    For anything more complex, you can use schematics as grid cell events and do additional checks there.

The rest depends on the details you want to check for. You can e.g. use object variables on the combatants to set that kind of information and check for it in the cell events.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The skill in the cell event can solve the effect I need!
  • @gamingislove

How to adjust the layer order of the battle grid highlights? I want the battle grid highlighted color layer on top, is there this setting?
  • When using a prefab highlight, that's on your prefab.
    Or, when using color highlights, it just changes the color of the cell's prefab, i.e. the layer is found on the cell prefab.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!