I want to realize an idea
The items can be animated in the inventory (icon)

How can I do?
I'm stupid, but I'm serious about learning from you
Thank you for your reply~
  • Icons can't be animated, but you can use portraits to do that. Portraits can use a Portrait Prefab, where you can set up a prefab with an animated sprite (or anything else).

E.g. adding that to an inventory menu, you'd use shortcut UI to add the portrait as part of the button.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • cool That is great! You solved my problem !thank you very much!
  • I tried
    Not at all
    I dragged 2 two types of presets and failed to display them

Can you give me a detailed tutorial
    From 0 to 100%
    Let me create an animated image in the inventory menu with some animated portrait item

I use your tutorial template:3D RPG PLAYGROUND PROJECT

I want to make F1 open the menu then click the inventory tab
    the item can animated~

it is too difficult for me
    need a help
    thank you very much
  • Short walkthrough:

1) Create your animated portrait prefab, e.g. just a game object with an Image component that changes sprites using an animator controller.

2) Create a shortcut UI prefab that displays the portrait type you're using.
    E.g. use the scene hierarchy context menu to create a shortcut: ORK Framework > HUD > Shortcut > Shortcut Content (for prefabs)
    And add a portrait content to it: Makinom > HUD > Content > Portrait Content (empty)
    In case you also want to display regular sprite portraits, you can also use the Portrait Content (Sprite) variant. Make sure to use the portrait type in the portrait component's setup.

3) Add the animated portrait prefab (created in #1) to your item as a portrait.

4) Add the shortcut UI prefab, either as a default prefab for all items in UI > Shortcut Settings or as an override for your individual item. You can also set it up as a separate shortcut UI using a key setup to identify it by a defined key.

5) In your inventory menu's Inventory > Item Box Settings > Item Content Layout, set the HUD type to use Shortcut UI (and define the UI key here if you used a key setup for the shortcut UI in #4).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Excuse me, is this true?
    It will not take effect after I do these according to your steps
    Shown as Choice Info Button(Clone) not add Shortcut with hud conten provider component(nothing happen)

I am eager to get a sample project with this steps
    Or a video ~
  • gamingislove said: 5) In your inventory menu's Inventory > Item Box Settings > Item Content Layout, set the HUD type to use Shortcut UI (and define the UI key here if you used a key setup for the shortcut UI in #4).
    As said, set up using the Shortcut UI in your inventory menu screen - you've set it up for the item box (which is used when interacting with an Item Collector in Box mode).
  • I set it according to step 5, but no effect occurred. Is that the reason why I set it incorrectly in step 5? or a bug ?
    all set is correct
    but the portrait is not show in shortcut ui
    and the shortcut can‘t add to inventory ui
    when project running
  • After many tests, I found that
    This should be a bug
    I use unity2021.3
    But the shortcut UI prefab
    As well as all types of UI boxes prefab can not be successfully recognized by the ork3 and replaced by the default UIbox (In UI>UI System>Default UI prefab,the Default prefab level is higher than anything else, so long as it exists, nothing UI BOX(shortcut UI prefab) can be generated )
  • Shortcut UI is added to the buttons, so the used input prefab has no effect on that - and it definitely works on my end.

Can you show me the settings for #5? As said, you set it up in the wrong place in your previous image. This needs to be set up in your menu screen (UI > Menu Screens) in your Inventory part's Item Box Settings.
  • Thank you very much! i got it!and i finished it at past test is passed ~

and next I want to show item portrait !
    How to show an item portrait for the Item Content Layout
  • I assume you're still using shortcut UI (i.e. HUDs) for the item content layout?
    In that case, you can simply add the portrait to the shortcut/HUD prefab using a HUD Portrait Content component.

The scene hierarchy context menu also has quick setup variants for this via: Makinom > HUD > Content > Portrait Content (e.g. the Sprite version)