I'm trying to test out a simple minigame using a timer, however I'm having trouble getting it working properly.

My set up is as follows:

After running this, my TimesUp tick machine never activates. I tested and I can have it activate when I set it to trigger when the Timer variable is 3, the value that it starts at from the Start Timer machine. I feel like because of this, the Timer float isn't actually ticking down after being started.

Am I missing something really obvious here?
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • I think the issue is your variable condition.
    First of all, having Exists enabled means that the Timer variable already has to be set, so the machine can only start if that happened once already.
    Next, due to float value imprecission, checking Is Equal 0 can fail, especially when a variable is changed like the timer. I'd recommend to use Less Equal or Approximately check types instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!