Hi, I usually like to keep all my 3rd party assets in a "Third Party" folder so I've moved the "Gaming Is Love" folder from the Assets folder to "Assets/ThirdParty" however. The Makinom Editor keeps creating and saving the SaveData in "Assets/GamingIsLove/_Data". Is there anyway to change this behaviour?
  • Only in the source code - so you'd need to change that there and recompile.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2022
    Hmm, I suspected as much. Where exactly in the code would I go to actually change the data file path?

On a related note. I've been trying to just dump the source into the project and let it compile with the rest of the Unity project solution. It sorta works but seems to break all the references to button images etc... I take it the proper way to do it is to make the changes in the source and recompile a new DLL?
    Post edited by CobaltBlue73 on
  • That's all in the Makinom source code, so you don't have to recompile ORK for that. Just search for 'Assets/Gaming Is Love' and you'll find all places it's defined.
    I'll look into making this moveable without having to change the code in future updates.

Regarding source in the project - my recommendation here is: don't :D
    It's possible to do, but you'll only have drawbacks from this. Beside losing script references to any asset or component using ORK/Makinom stuff (so only do this for new projects), you'll get issues with each new update, since sometimes scripts are removed or moved somewhere. There's also some things to change, e.g. all editor code has to be moved into an 'Editor' folder in your Unity project.
    I'd recommend to recompile the DLLs - the projects are set up ready to go, so all you need to do is change what you want, compile and copy over the DLL files into your project (can be automated with build events in Visual Studio).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well I got it to work the way I wanted, but honestly just to change the folder directory, it's not worth it having to recompile every time ORK gets an update just adds one more point failure (automated or otherwise). So we just decided to live with it until we need to change the code for something more critical...