Hi!

I'm setting a research menu to make the player learn new skills for their characters. After a character learns a skill, I've made a schematic run when the learn button is clicked. In the button prefab, in the UI Button Input component, I have the schematic trigger on Input Accepted Schematic.

Now, this schematic does two things: play a special sound effect and make the screen flash (Fade Screen node). When I click the learn button, the special sound effect plays correctly but the screen doesn't flash... until I actually close the research menu. (And the Fade Screen node is actually placed before the Play Sound node.)

Is there a way to make the screen flash at the moment the input is pressed and not when the menu is closed? I don't really understand why the sound is played immediately but the flash is delayed until the menu closes.

Thank you!
  • edited October 2022
    Seems like the screen fade isn't progressing due to the game being paused by the menu screen.
    I'll look into it.

Edit: Yep, screen fades are currently only progressing when the game isn't paused, even when they're started during pause.
    Will change that in the next update (released later today).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome! Thanks :)