edited October 2022 in ORK Support
Hello,

I encounter some difficulties during the 3d action rpg tutorial

I tried to follow this tutorial by modifying certain points for my personal needs such as not setting up a weapon viewer since the character will always have his weapon in hand and always the same, so I put the weapon directly in the player's prefab (as a child of their hand) instead.

I still have 3 problems: the damage dealer does not seem to work, the enemies are moved by the blow but do not die and no effect provided in the schematics occurs to show that the blow is well received by the enemies.

Also for the spawn settings of the spawner fighter, if I check "use navmesh position" no spawn happens.

And the ennemies doesn't move at all

As for the characters, it's the same prefab but put on 2 different fighters, each with a radius, a capsule collider and a character controller (since one is my player).
I thought I read in the documentation that a rigidbody would also be needed, but when I put one on, it causes my characters to fall to the ground, who are unable to get up again or other similar things.
Post edited by omeegaa on
  • Hard to say without seeing your setup, but it soulds like your overall setup combatant prefab setup is wrong.

1) Damage dealers: Make sure the setup is correct, e.g. when dealing damage via the trigger start types (as in the tutorial), the weapon needs a collider with Is Trigger enabled on it. Also, physical damage dealing requires rigidbodies involved, so one should be added to either the game object with the damage dealer or the combatant game objects with the damage zones. The tutorial setup has them on the combatants.
    To prevent such rigidbodies from affecting other things, enable Is Kinematic on them.

2) NavMesh spawn/movement: Did you add a NavMesh Agent to your combatant prefabs?
    Also, check the movement settings for your combatants (movement component, move AI, etc.).

3) As said, set the rigidbody to Is Kinematic not not have it's physics affect the movement.
    Also, the 3D action RPG tutorials use root motion in the Animator component for movement, i.e. the actual movement is happening via animations. If your custom models/animations are not set up for that, you'll need to do some changes, e.g. using a similar setup as the 3D RPG Playground series.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2022
    Ok I will let you have pictures and A link to have the project file.

1/ Ok I don't know how but now its working ,I've changed a lot of things(added a rigidbody too).

2/Yes, I set a navmesh agent on the prefab (player and enemies) and also tried to apply the hunting moveAI in your other tutorial in addition to the one already done, but the prefab still doesn't move.
    however it seems to "see" the player correctly (I leave you some screenshots).

The characters move with mecanim but nothing special otherwise.

What prevents enemies from spawning when I check "use navmesh position", I don't remember having set a "navmesh position" option anywhere.

there is a link to the files (about 44mo) if It can help to understand where the problem is.
    Edit by gamingislove: Please don't post download links to your projects here.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Will look into it - but please don't post links to your projects here, especially if they contain a full version of ORK. You can send me download links via PM or email.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh dear, it's true that I hadn't thought of that ^^'
    I send the link via pm.