Here's what I'm trying to do, but haven't figured out a way yet.

In my turn-based game I have an enemy type, "Minion". All Minions of the same type should have their turns at the same point in the turn order. This is straightforward enough, I have this working fine already. (Turn order is deteremined by a schematic that looks to see if any combatant of the same type already has a turn order value, and assigns that same value if it's found, generating a random value as usual if no existing value is found on any of the same combatant type).

However, in the turn order HUD, I don't want to show all the minions (There can be a lot of them!). Since all the minions of the same type are at the same point in the turn order, I only want to show a single display entry for all the Minions of each type.

Is there any way to to do that?

Thx :)
  • Hm, maybe via HUD schematics or a machine calling a schematic on your HUD's prefab.
    The schematic would need to check your conditions for this (e.g. having one minion marked as the primary one somehow) and disable the HUD's game object ... or something like that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2022
    Aha, yeah - in principle that should be straight forward to do, I can easily set a flag on single minion when I determine the turn order at the start of each turn. Might be a little tricky when minions start getting killed, making sure there's always exactly one that appears on the HUD, but should still be manageable... :)

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Post edited by StevieJay on