In Base/Control -> Animations -> Mecanim Settings -> your Mecanim settings it says if I add more than 1 Attack Animation under Attack settings then its supposed to randomly pick a animation from that list. However, I set up 5 attack animations for general attack. and It only plays one of them after about 20 attacks there was no variation. Then did the same with Damage and same issue. :( what am I doing wrong?
  • edited October 2022
    How is the setup for the individual animations?
    E.g. if they all use the same parameter, your animator controller will (probably) always play the same one as that's the first it finds and transitions to.

E.g. instead of playing them via parameters/transition, you can directly play them (Play Mode setting).
    Or each one needs either a different parameter or use an int/float parameter to set different values to play them.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2022
    Yeah they all use the same parameter. SO i have use additional steps?
    God, Mecanim is so needlessly confusing sometimes. (Annoyance with Unity, Not with you GiL, you're great [just to be clear])
    Just gonna skip random anims then. In the future can you make a tutorial demonstrating this?
    Post edited by paulgswanson on
  • Well, yeah - if they all use the same parameter (trigger or bool type), this'll not work. Only using an int/float parameter could be used with different values for each transition, otherwise the animator controller always finds the same transition first and uses that.

E.g. instead of use being a Trigger, change it to Int and use values 1, 2, 3, etc. for the transitions and random animations to set. Value 0 being the animation not playing.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!