So, I'm working on an ability in a 2d grid battle game that moves to a location (or until blocked), and damages anything the combatant collides with. I'd like to be able to see the path between the user and the selected cell, the same way the move path is shown. Is there a way to set this up for an ability?
  • Hm, I don't think so - the ability's execution (via schematics) could probably do that, but not during the ability/target selection.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Shoot, that's troublesome. Thanks for the answer!
  • I've got a related question; in that ability schema, I use Is Grid Cell Empty to determine if there's a combatant in the cell you're trying to move into. But I've noticed that on the last cell (the target cell), it always detects a combatant present. I'm guessing this is some game object left over from targeting the cell, but is there a way to differentiate what objects I'm looking for in the cell?
  • Cell targeting doesn't place a combatant on a cell.
    Make sure you're checking the right cell and you e.g. don't use a Set Grid Cell Combatant node to set a combatant on that cell before.

Otherwise, the cell is only occupied if a combatant is set to it (you can also see that in the inspector of the cell's game object). Battle AI grid movement can also set the cell as 'marked' for the combatant to prevent others from moving on it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yup, it was the 'marked' cell option. Clearing that fixed it, thanks!