kimkim
edited October 2022 in ORK Support
I learn about item collector in the tutorial collecting items in 3D playground tutorials. After that I would like to set up an item collector with box collection type, however there is no spawn prefab option in inspector. After play button, there is nothing spawned like how the single type does, have I missed something?

Actually I would like to set up looting feature, which is to loot resources from enemy body when player interacts with the body, does ORK have this feature?
Post edited by kim on
  • Item boxes are ... boxes and don't spawn an individual item's prefab.
    You e.g. add them to game objects in your scene to interact with instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is there any documentation about how to use the item box? As I would like place all loot resources into an item box so player can react with the item box
  • I don't think there's a tutorial specifically for it.
    Item boxes use a Box ID (instead of a Scene ID). The box ID is used across the whole game, so any item box sharing the same box ID will display the same content.

The Collect Battle Gains node can use a box ID to store the loot into an item box.

The UI for the item box is defined in Inventory > Inventory Settings in the Item Box settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • kimkim
    edited October 2022
    Hm, I kind of understand the usage of an item box...However, I got this warning "Trying to create a UI box without a selected UI box." whenever I click on a item button in my own UI box, if Inventory > Inventory Settings > Item Box > Item List Settings > Use Item buttons is checked. Could you enlighten me more on the error?

Besides that, is there any way to collect multiple items (spawned by item collector) at the same time?
    Post edited by kim on
  • Sounds like you didn't select a UI box to use in your item box dialogue (or something related to that, e.g. inventory notifications).

As for collecting multiple items - single items are collected one by one, the item box has an option to add a collect all button.
  • kimkim
    edited October 2022
    OK I get it now, thanks.

Last question, is there any guide on how to set up an inventory exchange menu?
    Post edited by kim on
  • No, but it's not really different to a regular Inventory menu, just that you have 2 UI boxes for displaying items from the 2 sources.