I'm not quite sure what I did. But I somehow changed something in Ork that is preventing the character from jumping.

I'm using a custom controller and jumping works fine on its own. However when I run it through Ork the jumping doesn't work. When I jump the character doesn't move vertically and can't land as of it can't find the ground.

I have find ground set to the terrain so I'm bit confused.
Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • Are we talking ORK's (bad) jump functionality in the Button controls or from your custom controls?

I'd need to know more about the setup you're using. Also, if you're using custom controls, I hope you didn't forget to set ORK's player controls to None :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm not sure if this will affect custom controllers, but this is something that worked when using the built-in one.

Under Combatants -> Combatants -> General Settings -> Default Find Ground, change "On Ground Check" from "None" to "Raycast".

If it is set to "None" then it is assumed that the character cannot leave the ground and results in them snapping to it.

@gamingislove Just a quick question for the built-in character controller, is there any way to sprint and jump at the same time? When you jump while sprinting your velocity drops to your walking speed. It doesn't change even when I increase the "In Air Modifier" in Jump Settings above 1. They are both set to separate Input Keys with "Input Handling" set to "Hold".
  • @TW0
    The find ground settings would only be used for in-ORK ground stuff, e.g. the Button control's jump or control map keys that can only be used on ground or in the air, etc.

As for jump+sprint - I don't think so. The built-in controls are just very basic and there to get you started. ORK is an RPG framework, not a player/camera control framework :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!